Brother HL-2140 Personal Laser Printer - Affordable, Reliable Quality

If you are looking for a new laser printer and want to find a good quality but affordable monochrome laser printer, you will want to check out the Brother HL-2140. I bought the HL-2140 about six months ago and I've been using it regularly since then. I use the printer mainly for archiving documents and for desktop publishing projects. I have put the Brother HL-2140 to the test over these past six months and it has performed reliably and well.

I selected a monochrome laser printer based on my home office printing needs. I have an ink jet printer for those rare occasions when I need a print with color but for my regular daily office tasks I use a black and white (or monochrome) laser printer. I have been using an older HP Laser Jet 4M for the last decade but it recently had a part go bad and it turns out it is cheaper for me to buy a new printer than to repair the old one. So I went shopping online and discovered the Brother HL-2140. After doing some detective work on the printer, I decided to buy it.

The printer was easy to set up and begin using. From sealed package to first test copy, only 30 minutes had elapsed. The instructions and the CD-ROM software were simple and easy to comprehend.

The HL-2140 printer doesn't take up much desktop area measuring 14.5 x 6.7 x 14.2 inches (W x H x D) and it weighs 15 pounds. It is mostly made of plastic and while it is fairly firm, I would recommend opening the trays and other printer openings carefully as rough handling may result in breaking of some plastic parts. It's not made for rugged handling.

This Brother laser printer is fast (prints up to 23 pages per minute) and the paper cassette tray holds enough sheets (up to 250) to keep you ready to print at the click of a mouse. I find the laser printer to be much more economical to use than an ink jet and since I don't need it for color prints, this Brother monochrome laser printer suits my printing needs very well.

The starter toner cartridge seemed to run out of toner quickly but this is par for the course for consumer printers. I found information online on how to extend the toner cartridge's capacity and now, hundreds of sheets later, I am still using the original starter toner cartridge.

I paid $80 for the printer during a summer promotion. It can be found online for around $100, at the time of this writing.

I am happy with the Brother HL-2140 Laser Printer. Brother is a well-respected company and I have previously owned some of their other products, each of which gave many years of economical, reliable service in my home office. I am equally pleased with the performance of this printer. I recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable, reliable quality monochrome laser printer.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Free Web Hosting