Blank Labels For Dymo 30915 Postage Printer

The United States Postal Service has seen many changes over the years, the least of which is the transition of it's customer base being able to print their own postage from a small label printer from Dymo via the Endicia Postage Printing service.

After acquiring a Dymo printer, an internet connection for your PC, and a subscription for an Endicia account to buy postage, you would think you would be read to go, correct? Well, not quite. There is one glaring omission that Dymo nor Endicia share with you. No fine print for you to explore. This only becomes apparent after you have committed to this practice.

I purchased a Dymo Twin Turbo label printer and subscribed to the Endicia web site so I could purchase postage. Quick, easy, I was up and running in absolutely not time. I was relishing the fact that I no longer had to stand in line at my local Post Office to do my usual business and that I could do it all from my desk. Anyone who has spent a moment at the Post Office during the holidays can relate.

I was very pleased until I ran out of blank media. The stamps that come with your Dymo printer consist of a roll of blank postage stamps - 200 stamps on the roll. When I went to re-order, I found I would have to pay $20.49 for a roll of 200 blank stamps. That's over $.10 per stamp. That adds 25% to the cost of mailing a letter!!! Unbelievable. It's a blank stamp for goodness sakes. Surely it can be had for less than ten cents apiece.

I investigated on the web. Goggled everything I could think of to find an alternate product. A generic product. A compatible product. Nothing. I could not believe that if I wanted more blank media I had to give up a $20 bill on top of the price of the postage itself. My margins are small enough without giving up another 25% to the cost of shipping.

I bought my second roll. For some reason it annoyed me even further. I just couldn't justify paying what is now actually $.51 per stamp just because I decided to walk down this technological path with Dymo. So, I rebelled. I researched the technical standards required to create these labels and decided that as my business grew and I consumed ever increasing quantities of these stamps, I could get a rapid return on my investment to purchase the dye and contract with a company that has the machinery already in place to manufacture these stamps for me.

After investing in the dye and manufacturing process to meet my own ends, I decided to share my savings with the rest of the world who I'm sure was having the same frustration as myself. With manufacturing costs, packaging, and offering free shipping, I can still sell these for less than 1/3 the cost that I had been paying.

We offer 33% more stamps (300 per roll to their 200 per roll) for 50% less money ($10 per roll from us vs $20 per roll from them). So, it's a no-brainer. More product, less money, what could be sweeter.

So if you want to print postage online, know that people are out there always searching for a better, less expensive way to meet those ends. The savings are always passed along to the consumer as that's the American Way.

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Free Web Hosting